Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lots of finishes!

I have been busy, busy, busy finishing lots of works in progress!

A baby quilt for a soon-to-be-arriving little girl. This one uses various scraps & fat quarters from my stash.

A lap quilt for donation to a fundraiser raffle. This is mostly Lario fabric from a layer cake.

A star made with my scraps, plus some grey from Connecting Threads.  I have since finished this top but didn't get a picture. It's hanging up on the wall in our bonus room right now.

I don't think I posted this one before, it's hanging on our front door now that lovely Fall weather has arrived. Fabric is from Connecting Threads.

Thanks for looking!

Friday, August 23, 2013

Hopscotch Play Mat

I made a really easy hopscotch play mat for our play room, using 10" layer cake squares and appliqued numbers. This went together really quick!

Lots of fun to make and the kids love it already!


Thursday, August 8, 2013

Channel Quilting

I last posted about finishing my grey and yellow sampler quilt top, and now it is finally quilted and bound! Yippee!

I decided to channel quilt it with grey thread, and I have to say doing this about killed me!

I quilted the channels about an inch apart and it took forever. Plus my walking foot was thunking and skipping stitches so I had to use a regular foot, and go very slowly and stop to readjust a lot so that the fabric wouldn't bunch.

Grey and Yellow Sampler done!-image.jpg

Sorry the picture is sideways, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to flip it with blogger!!

I am very happy to have this one finished! I think I'm about ready to take a break from bigger projects and work on some small things for a change.


Thursday, August 1, 2013

Grey and Yellow Sampler Quilt

I finally pieced together all my sampler blocks, with black sashing. 

I'm really happy with how this turned out, and I'm thinking of quilting it with close-set vertical channels. I just have to decide on a thread color!


Thursday, July 25, 2013

1930s Reproduction Quilt

I fell in love with a quilt made in 1930 that I found on the Quilt Index. I ordered some 1930s reproduction fabric, a white layer cake, and set out to create my own version!

I've been calling this baby Quilt-zilla because it is ENORMOUS. The top is finished and it's large enough for the king size bed we will be (someday) upgrading to! I have no hope of quilting this on my home machine, so it will definitely be getting sent out for quilting.

At the moment, I'm sick of looking at it and have it folded up and put away. I don't want to see another strip set for a looong time!


Thursday, July 11, 2013

Rail Fence quilt

I strip pieced this Rail Fence quilt top using a Mill Book jelly roll and matching yardage for the border, and to fill in some blank spots when I ran out of fence blocks! I think I also put in a couple squares upside down.

Fortunately, this quilt is for my daughter who is thrilled to bits to have her very own (mostly) purple & pink quilt for her bed!


Friday, July 5, 2013

2 baby scrap quilt tops

I finished up 2 crib sized quilt tops this week from my scraps. These will be donated, once I have a chance to quilt & bind them.

The first one is made up of all the blue charms and scraps I've ended up with. It seems like every line has a bit if blue, and with 2 girls and nothing blue in our house I just don't ever seem to use that color when sewing! So I saved up all the odds and ends, cut them with tumbler templates in 2 sizes from Missouri Star Quilt Co, and put them all together:

Next up, I had a lot of Half and Quarter square triangles leftover from my daughter's strip pieced quilt, so I matched up all the odds & ends again, as best I could, for this scrappy crib quilt:

It's so nice that no fabric goes to waste!!