Thursday, July 25, 2013

1930s Reproduction Quilt

I fell in love with a quilt made in 1930 that I found on the Quilt Index. I ordered some 1930s reproduction fabric, a white layer cake, and set out to create my own version!

I've been calling this baby Quilt-zilla because it is ENORMOUS. The top is finished and it's large enough for the king size bed we will be (someday) upgrading to! I have no hope of quilting this on my home machine, so it will definitely be getting sent out for quilting.

At the moment, I'm sick of looking at it and have it folded up and put away. I don't want to see another strip set for a looong time!


Thursday, July 11, 2013

Rail Fence quilt

I strip pieced this Rail Fence quilt top using a Mill Book jelly roll and matching yardage for the border, and to fill in some blank spots when I ran out of fence blocks! I think I also put in a couple squares upside down.

Fortunately, this quilt is for my daughter who is thrilled to bits to have her very own (mostly) purple & pink quilt for her bed!


Friday, July 5, 2013

2 baby scrap quilt tops

I finished up 2 crib sized quilt tops this week from my scraps. These will be donated, once I have a chance to quilt & bind them.

The first one is made up of all the blue charms and scraps I've ended up with. It seems like every line has a bit if blue, and with 2 girls and nothing blue in our house I just don't ever seem to use that color when sewing! So I saved up all the odds and ends, cut them with tumbler templates in 2 sizes from Missouri Star Quilt Co, and put them all together:

Next up, I had a lot of Half and Quarter square triangles leftover from my daughter's strip pieced quilt, so I matched up all the odds & ends again, as best I could, for this scrappy crib quilt:

It's so nice that no fabric goes to waste!!