Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Father's Day Shadowbox

I've been working on a Shadow Box to give my husband for Father's Day and I think he's really going to like it! The background is John Deere Scrapbook paper, and then I added some additional elements to it:

- shipping tag stamped with key collage (Unity Stamp Co) onto which I added ribbon, a key (K&Co) and a sentiment.
- Die cut leaves layered over a flooring sample (thrift store)
- heart sticker border (Wal Mart), green ribbon, twine
- A chipboard frame distressed, and then #1 Dad stickers added behind it on cardstock

I also added a slide frame covered with an NC map fragment and a play $5 bill tied up in a roll. Those will sit inside the frame, but I couldn't get a good picture with the glass in the frame, so that's why the picture is taken without.

The hardest part of this project has been trying to get a decent picture, where the kids are actually smiling and looking at the camera! No luck on that so far, but other than the picture the shadowbox is done!




Detail:



4 comments:

  1. I came here from your link on the SCT blog. Great idea for a father's day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shadow box idea with all your detail elements! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog from Moxie Fab blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful shadow bow. All the elements are very manly. I'm sure he'll love it. Good luck taking the kids pictures. Thanks for the kind comments on my blog. Be well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Random.org picked your blog from the Moxie Fab blog roll. What a great shadow box! I am sure your husband will love it!

    ReplyDelete