Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Another scrap quilt

I saw this scrap quilt in Quilty magazine and wanted to make something similar with all the random bit & pieces I had laying around:

Kid Potential
source

This is supposed to be an easy beginner quilt, but it was really hard for me because there were SO MANY seams to keep track of. Keeping everything pressed and flat, and sewing over SO MANY seams was really a challenge. Did I mention that there were SO MANY seams?? :)

Here's how my version turned out:

pieced quilt top

finished & bound quilt

as usual, my binding is a mess!

This is a large toddler size quilt and I'm happy to report that my non-toddler daughter is sleeping with it and dragging it around the house for lots of snuggling. So overall it's a success!

Susan

3 comments:

  1. fun! what a great idea for scraps. Yes, quilts with no patterns are confusing . . . actually, quilts with patterns are confusing too. great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did great! If your girl loves it, it gets a seal of aproval!
    Esther
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job on your scrappy quilt. They are not easy to figure out. Just keep sewing and you will keep improving. Google or youtube binding tutorial if you need a refresher. Pat sloan has a good tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete